Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Reminisce Recreations: DIY for the sentimental pack rat

   I have so many random pieces of ribbon, scraps, buttons, and broken jewelry from gifts and wrappings collected over time. They clutter my room as I stuff them into old boxes, gifted cups, cute product packages... what can I say? I'm a sentimental creature- or, as my mother delicately puts it, a pack rat.

   We all have this problem to a degree, I bet. Crafters see the use in everything, the endless possibilities. To some people, a soup can is garbage; to a crafter, it is a world of opportunity. For us sentimental ladies with a whimsical, folksy side, it is difficult to throw anything away. However, grandiose dreams of kitschy decorations result in a stored away pile of wasted trinkets in the corner of the craft room. Some people may go so far as to call it 'junk'. My mother sighs to see my pile of wool downstairs and my pile of half-finished sewing projects upstairs in her house. I keep praying this summer opens up enough time to diminish the size of the sewing pile considerably!

This evening, I came across a wonderful website by a lovely blogger rookno17. Whoever they may be, they are a crafter of my own heart! They have brilliant uses for the scraps and trinkets we pack rats keep tucked away. So today I provided the links to a couple of their projects: Lace crowns and crystal family photo pendants. Enjoy!

*Also, look soon for a great way to make a (non)slip-cover for a bathmat coming soon from Jess of Green PB&Js!

http://www.rookno17.com/2012/11/crystal-pendant-family-photo-ornaments.html
http://www.rookno17.com/2013/01/the-easiest-quickest-way-to-make-lace.html



No comments:

Post a Comment